Favourites (10/11 2015)

November 24, 2015

For the past few years I've been wanting to visit a persimmon farm. More than the taste of persimmons, I love the look of the trees. There is something so bizarre about the brightness of the fruit against the dark and otherwise barren branches. Anyway, this year I finally visited one! This one was only about 20 minutes out of town at a farm in Cheonggye/Muan aka the middle of nowhere. It was $25 to pick enough persimmons to fill a huge 30kg box.




Last season's Freak Show did nothing for me, but American Horror Story Hotel is a solid yes out of 10. Lady Gaga is also yes. I think there are only three episodes left, so let's hope the rest of the season doesn't disappoint. What better way to be bringing in this festive season?



Since summer weather left, I've been living in my skirt leggings again. That's the technical name, right? When I first saw skirt leggings in Korea, I thought they were strange... But they are the perfect solution to the "leggings aren't pants" problem and a more socially appropriate way of wearing track pants in public. You can buy a pair for about ~$7 here.



I've seen Pentatonix on the internet somewhere... perhaps their viral Evolution of Music video or their cover of Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already hugely famous in the Western world... (... are they?) but I don't live there. They've released their first full-length album of original music and I like it. Check out Can't Sleep Love or Sing. I also just learned that they have an entire playlist of their Christmas songs set to continuous video of a fireplace?! They just keep getting better.


After my contract ended in October, I was about to find myself homeless as well as jobless. I managed to escape homelessness and one of my favourite things recently is my new apartment. Apartment hunting in Korea isn't the easiest (perhaps a blog post to come), and the chances of finding something ideal were seeming pretty bleak. Then I found this apartment and it fits all the bills. It's not actually an apartment but the second floor of a stand-alone house (rare enough of a find in Korea).
Less neighbours.
A view that isn't just the wall of another building.
I love it.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© rindsayloss. Design by FCD.